MAPFRE recommends the policyholder, in order to receive benefits of all the guarantees of the policy, to consider some relevant aspects before and after contracting it:
Recommendations to purchase your Truckers insurance:
- Read carefully the clauses and the special provisions of each coverage.
Once contracted your Truckers policy is important to consider the following issues:
- This policy is void in any case of fraud on the information provided in the application forms or when filling a claim.
- In case of a mishap, you or your authorised representative must contact us without delay.
- In case of an accident, you must send us copies of any demand, order or notice received concerning the claim.
- In case of an accident, the insured is obliged to use the means at its disposal to mitigate the consequences of it.
- You must cooperate with us in the investigation or settlement of the claim.
- You cannot incur in expenses related with the claim without our consent.
- You must authorize us to obtain medical records related with the accident if needed.
- The coverage territory is Puerto Rico, The United States of America, the territories and possessions of the United States of America and Canada.