This insurance includes a number of requirements and restrictions that must be studied by the customer before hiring. It is important to consider these aspects to choose the policy that best suits your needs and those of your business.
The Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance includes, among other, the belonging requirements and restrictions:
- In case of death or dismemberment, the death or loss must occurs within ninety days immediately following the accident and while the policy is in force.
- MAPFRE is not responsible of the limits that exceed the limits established in the general and special conditions of the covers.
- The policy does not cover losses caused by or resulting from:
- Suicide or attempted suicide or wounds inflicted by the insured himself or by an eligible family member.
- War or act of declared or undeclared war.
- Wounds received while the insured is a member of the armed forces of any country or international authority.
- Wounds received by the insured while participating in any aviation or speed tournament.
- Wounds received while the insured is the pilot or crew of an aircraft.
- For illness or medical treatment for an illness.
- Inhalation of gases or vapors.
- Wounds received by the insured person while he or she is committing an assault or is participating in a criminal act or as a result thereof.
- Wounds received by the insured while he or she is under the influence of alcohol or alcoholic beverages, use of drugs, narcotics or hallucinogens, except those taken by prescription.
- MAPFRE Life is not liable for damage not covered by the agreement with the Company.
- The available limits are from $ 10,000 to $ 100,000.