Protection against damages caused by an accident and the medical expenses incurred as a result.
School Group Accident Policy (School GAP)
The School Group Accident Insurance provides protection to students, teachers, and educational employees against damages occurred as a result of an accident, and the medical expenses incurred by the policyholder as a result of the same.
The student and/or participant will be covered while:
- He or she attends school, during regular days and hours.
- He or she travels to school or returns home from school (during a reasonable time).
- He or she participates or attends activities sponsored by the school authorities.
The available basic coverages of this policy are:
- Accidental Death.
- Medical Expenses - Hospitalization.
- Dental Expenses.
Additional coverages offered by the School GAP are:
- Safety Belt – Additional Death Coverage if the policyholder suffers an accident while he or she is the driver or passenger in a motor vehicle and is using the seat belt.
- Travel Assistance outside of Puerto Rico – Orientation services if the policyholder suffers an accident in the United States.
- Funeral Expenses.
- Summer School.
- Summer Camps.