MAPFRE recommends the policyholder, in order to receive benefits of all the guarantees of the policy, to consider some relevant aspects before and after contracting the policy:
Recommendations to purchase your auto insurance:
- Read carefully the statements and the special provisions of each coverage.
Recommendations to receive benefits from your auto insurance:
- This policy only takes effect if you have paid the premium when issued or renewed the license of the motor vehicle to which this insurance applies.
- We will consider as a traffic accident any impact between motor vehicles in which at least one of the vehicles involved is in movement.
- In case of an accident, you must notify us, as soon as possible, how, when and where it happened.
- You must inform the police about an accident in which is involved your covered auto within forty-eight hours after it happened.
- In case of an accident, you must send us every information about the event in your possession without delay. You have to send us immediately any correspondence or other documents you receive.
- In case of an accident, you must co-operate with us fully.
- The policy period ends on the date of expiration of the license of the insured car.
- This policy only covers accidents occurring in Puerto Rico during the policy period.
- MAPFRE will consider as an insured anyone who uses your insured auto with your explicit consent.
- You must notify us any transfer of the ownership of the insured car within ten days of such transfer.
- We have no duty to defend any claim for bodily injury or property damage that are not covered by this policy.