MAPFRE PROTECTOR establishes a series of requirements and restrictions that users must know to understand what their rights and obligations are when hiring the policy.
- The policy can be issued for an individual or for a family unit. In the latter case, we are refering to: insured´s wife/husband and all children, adopted children, foster children and unmarried stepchildren of the insured if they not exceed the 21 years.
The Insurance has the following restrictions:
- The policy only covers losses resulting from the definitive treatment of cancer and pernicious diseases, including direct extension, metastatic spreading or its direct effects or recurrence.
- The Company will not be paid any loss arising as a result of Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome, except Kaposi's sarcoma, in which case the benefits payable shall not exceed $ 5,000.00 during the life of the insured.
- Not benefit will be paid if consultations have been held (or requested medical services), for any symptom or medical problem leading to positive cancer diagnosis or pernicious disease before 30 days from the effective date of the policy.
- Not benefit will be paid if the insured was diagnosed by cancer or pernicious disease before the effective date of the policy.
- The insurance will not be effective until the insured pay the initial premium.