MAPFRE recommends the policyholder, in order to receive benefits of all the guarantees of the policy, to consider some relevant aspects before and after contracting it:
- Read carefully the clauses and the special provisions of each coverage.
Once contracted the Boat policy:
- This policy only takes effect if you have paid the premium.
- It is useful to know the clauses, limits and policy requirements to act accurately in case of an accident.
- Documents related to the policy need to be located in a suitable place.
- In case of a windstorm, all movable equipment must be removed from the watercraft. This includes, but is not limited, to the following: bimini or canvas tops, plastic enclosures, awnings, loose deck furnishings, gear and equipment.
- In case of a windstorm, all movable equipment must also be removed. Items you cannot remove, such as booms, should be adequately lashed down. All openings must be correctly sealed.
- The policyholder must always act in good faith in case of loss.
- In case of an accident, the insured is obliged to use the means at its disposal to mitigate the consequences of it.
- In case of an accident, you must contact us without delay.