MAPFRE advises to follow some recommendations to facilitate the insured the access to the benefits and advantages included in the policy.
Recommendations before hiring your Property and Casualty insurance:
- Read carefully all special provisions and clauses for each cover.
- Study the additional covers that you can access with this policy.
- Contract covers you really need.
Once hired the Homeowners policy:
- It is useful to know the terms, limitations and policy requirements to act precisely in case of an event which may give rise to a claim under this policy.
- Documents relating to the policy needs to be located in a suitable place for easy access when needed.
- In case of sinister or loss, it is imperative that the insured contact the company as soon as possible.
- In case of sinister or loss, it is imperative that the insured put all the means at its disposal to mitigate the consequences.
- In case of theft, the insured must notify as soon as possible to the police.
- If there is another applicable insurance, it is paid only a prorated.
- If not we reached an agreement with the insured on the amount of loss, either party may request an appraisal of the loss.