Or if you prefer to call us at
787 250 5214
Fundación MAPFRE fight against COVID-19 – #FM_TogetherApart
Learn more about our emergency measures to help fight COVID-19
Given the emergency situation generated by the Coronavirus crisis Fundación MAPFRE is collaborating with society by adapting our programs to help where is most needed. Ever since the outbreak of the COVID-19 pandemic, our priority has been to support and protect the most vulnerable people, those who are most socially exposed, and those who are fighting the virus on the front line. All our resources have been mobilized to better protect people against the virus, to support the most disadvantaged population groups, and to help us to come through this crisis with the lowest possible impact.
Puerto Rico Actions
With the goal of helping the most vulnerable groups and fight against the virus, Fundación MAPFRE has donated nearly $ 650,000 to Puerto Rico.
- This portion will be destined to hospitals for the acquisition and distribution of medical equipment such as: masks, gowns, gloves, face shields, among others. Also for the acquisition of respirators and the performance of diagnostic tests for the detection of COVID-19.
- From the area of Social Action and volunteer program actions are taking place to provide online support to children in the permanent foster homes supported by the Foundation.
We are setting up multiple actions aimed at everyone, with a particular emphasis on the 27 countries in which we operate and where we have an infrastructure, in order to offer our support. Visit this link to learn about all our initiatives to support our society in the fight against COVID-19.
Our efforts focus on three key areas of action:
- Support for the CSIC research team
- Purchase of medical supplies
- Urgent healthcare actions
Fundación MAPFRE is a non-profit organization, created in 1975 by MAPFRE, which develops activities in Spain and other countries to contribute to the wellbeing of society and citizens across different lines of business. In Puerto Rico was established in 2004. Currently it carries out various initiatives through five areas and its objectives.
- Prevention and Road Safety – To ensure the safety of people and their property, with particular regard to road safety, prevention, and health.
- Health Promotion – To improve the Quality of Life.
- Culture – To promote the dissemination of Culture, the Arts, and Literature.
- Insurance and Social Security – To promote education and research on Insurance related subjects.
- Social Action – To contribute to the improvement of the economic, social, and cultural conditions of the people and sectors least favored by Society.
Fundación MAPFRE’s activities are developed mainly in Spain or Latin America, and to fulfill its goals it uses the following methods:
- Research grants.
- Creating and supporting educational and research centers.
- Scholarships for studies in public and private educational institutions.
- Organizing art exhibitions.
- Organizing lectures, symposia, seminars, and colloquies.
- Organizing accident prevention campaigns, directly or in collaboration with public and private entities.
- Publishing and distributing publications, periodicals or units.
- Granting scholarships or grants for the physical or professional rehabilitation of the disabled, and organizing activities that contribute to that end.
- Promoting and supporting activities and programs on Sanitary Education and Health Promotion.
- Granting economic or other types of aid to Society’s least-favored persons or groups.
In Puerto Rico we carry out a diversity of activies to spread the prevention message, such as lectures, workshops, exhibitions and live presentations. In the area of Road Safety we have for children from children from 8 to 12 years Mobil Park, Villa Segura. We also develop to annual campaigns (Road Safety Week and Christmas Campaign). The services are offered to the general public throughout the Island and there are entirely free. For more information visit www.fundacionmapfre.org.