MAPFRE PRAICO INSURANCE COMPANY, MAPFRE PAN AMERICAN INSURANCE COMPANY, MAPFRE LIFE INSURANCE COMPANY OF PUERTO RICO, MAPFRE INSURANCE AGENCY OF PUERTO RICO, Inc., MAPFRE SOLUTIONS, Inc., and MAPFRE FINANCE OF PUERTO RICO Corp., hereinafter denominated as MAPFRE PUERTO RICO value you as our customer and appreciate your confidence and patronage of our products and services.
MAPFRE PUERTO RICO respects the privacy of the information our customers share with us and is committed to maintain its confidentiality and security.
MAPFRE PUERTO RICO does not share financial or health status information of its clients or consumers with non affiliated, except as allowed by law.
A. Personal information that we collect
- Personal, financial and health information that you have provided such as your name, address, social security number, profession, income and beneficiaries;
- Information which originates from transactions you conduct with us and with our affiliates, such as, for example, your policy coverage, premiums and payment history, policy number, claims history, claims file, insurance transactions, assets or risks insured;
- Information provided to us by consumer credit agencies, such as, for example, your credit rating and credit history;
- Information provided to us by non-affiliates, clients or providers in order for us to offer you our insurance products, or during our transactions.
B. Information we share
As provided by law, there are situations on which we can share your personal information. Occasionally, we may share the aforementioned information, as allowed by law, with the following persons:
- Service providers, such as insurance agents, general agents and adjuster, mail service providers, marketing companies that provide us with direct-marketing and telemarketing services to offer our products, providers that perform actuarial studies, to other insurance companies in order to transact insurance.
- Administrative agencies, courts, or third persons whenever there is an order of a court or of an administrative agency with jurisdiction.
C. Security Measures
D. Health Information
Your health information shall not be disclosed or used without your prior authorization in writing, except as permitted by federal and local laws and regulations. If there is a need to disclose your health information to third parties, we will send you an Authorization for Release of Health Information, which you must return, signed and dated, authorizing the disclosure of your information. This authorization is valid for twelve (12) months unless you revoke it in writing.
F. Right to Exclusion
MAPFRE PUERTO RICO reserves the right to disclose, directly or indirectly, your non-public financial information to affiliates and non-affiliates unless you forbid us using the form of exclusion notified here You have the right to be excluded from such disclosure and to exercise the right to exclusion by using the exclusion form. This right to exclusion shall not apply when MAPFRE PUERTO RICO shares personal non-public financial information of a client or consumer with the affiliates or non-affiliated third parties, a non-affiliated third party who provides services to the companies or which performs functions on its behalf, or whenever it may be necessary or inherent in order to perform, conduct, administer or implement, a transaction, or service requested or authorized by you and when a law or regulation allows the disclosure. MAPFRE PUERTO RICO, will require confidentiality agreements from all non-affiliated third parties to whom it has the need to disclose your personal information in order to provide you the necessary services and products and keep your accounts.
MAPFRE PUERTO RICO may share information regarding former clients under the same Confidentiality Policy that applies to current clients. Information regarding former clients is retained for the period required by federal and local law.
To prevent your personal information from being shared with non-affiliated companies, please complete the Request for Exclusion and forward it to the following address: Customer Service Department, MAPFRE PUERTO RICO, P.O. Box 70333, San Juan, Puerto Rico 00936-8333.