Full Cover Car Insurance
You obtain additional coverage for bodily injuries and damages to third party property caused by you or for which you are legally liable.
Or if you prefer to call us at
787 250 5214
“Full Cover” – Public Liability and Damages to my car
Total Protection. This policy includes coverage in additional to the three important Personal Auto coverages:
- Public Liability
This covers bodily injuries and damages to third party property caused by you or for which you are legally liable
- Other than Collision
Covers losses and direct damages to the insured automobile, in excess of the deductible, which are not caused by a collision or overturn
Covers direct damages to the insured car caused by a collision or overturn, in excess of the deductible.
- Medical Expenses
This provides coverage for reasonable expenses incurred for medical or funeral services necessary due to bodily injury caused by an accident or suffered by the policyholder, the “members of the family” while they occupy the insured vehicle, and other passengers who are riding in the insured vehicle
- Reimbursement of Lease
Reimbursement for vehicle leasing applying days and limits selected at the time of insurance purchase.
- Roadside Asssitance
The services that you may receive include:
-Vehicle towing (up to $200 per occurrence).
-Vehicle extraction (up to $125 per occurrence.
-Transportation to one’s residence.
-Vehicle ignition through “jumper cables”.
For more information, contact your authorized representative, producer or call MAPFRE Contact Center at 787-250-5214 or 1-888-835-3634 (island).
How to calculate the price of Full Cover Car Insurance?
You can calculate the price of your Full Cover car insurance in just a few steps. Get a free estimation tailored to your budget and needs by entering your personal and vehicle data into our car insurance quote tool.
What does Full Cover Car Insurance include?
Full Cover car insurance is an option from MAPFRE that covers both public liability and damage to the insured’s car, i.e. full protection.
The main types of coverage offered by this insurance are:
The General Conditions of any insurance are aimed at detailing the terms of coverages and their content, as well as the benefits, requirements and restrictions set forth in the agreement.
The Full Cover policy includes direct damages to the insured car. We will cover you for all amounts which you may be legally required to pay as a result from an accident while driving or using your vehicle, up to the established limit. It also provides access to additional contracting covers.
In case of an accident you can report your claim through the telephone service MAPFRE Contact Center, where a reference number and a claim adjuster will be assigned to you. We will fix a date with the day and time at the branch closest to you to avoid delays in attending your claim.
This MAPFRE auto insurance has certain requirements that shall be evaluated by the customer. It is very important to consider them in order to know better your rights and obligations when hiring it.
- With each claim you must provide certain information and documents: policy number, policyholder name, driver’s license, car license (it can be a copy), grievance report or grievance number.
- For purposes of this policy, MAPFRE considers that the insured car corresponds to the vehicle that appears on the statements.
The following restrictions apply to the policy:
- We will not provide liability coverage to any person intentionally causing bodily injuries or damages to property.
- To benefit from the Roadside Assistance coverage the vehicle must not be used for public transport of persons or goods, or be rented with or without a driver.
- To benefit from the Roadside Assistance coverage, your vehicle must not have a total weight higher than 7,700 pounds or 3,500 kilos.
- We will not cover medical expenses if the car is used for public transportation or for rental.
We recommend to the policyholder, in order to receive benefits of all the guarantees of the policy, to consider some relevant aspects before and after contracting the policy:
- Read carefully the statements and the special provisions of each coverage.
- Study the additional covers that you can hire with this policy.
- Hire the coverages you really need.
Once contracted the Full Cover policy is important to consider the following issues:
- This policy only takes effect when you pay the premium established by us.
- It is useful to know the terms, limits and policy requirements to act accurately in case of accident or mishap.
- Documents related to the policy need to be located in a suitable place.
- In case of an accident, you must contact us without delay.
- In case of an accident, the insured is obliged to use the means at its disposal to mitigate the consequences of it. Breach of this duty will entitle us to reduce its services in an appropriate proportion.
- If there is another applicable insurance, we will only pay the corresponding part.
- The policyholder must always act in good faith in case of loss.
Auto Services for my Personal Insurance
Check the services related to Auto Insurance offered by MAPFRE PUERTO RICO.
Find our offices network, general agencies or authorized representatives.
Frequently Asked Questions – Auto
Consult car insurance FAQs