The coverages may be expanded to be effective from the time the merchandise leaves the seller’s warehouse until its arrival at the buyer’s warehouse.
Or if your prefer call us at
787 250 5214
Ocean Cargo Insurance – This covers shipments of goods and merchandise. In addition to covering the merchandise during the trip, the coverage may be expanded to be in effect from the time the merchandise leaves the seller’s warehouse until it arrives at the buyer’s warehouse.
Under this coverage, the most appropriate coverages are defined for certain goods, such as:
This covers your signs and similar property under your care, custody, or control.
- Physicians and surgeons:
This covers medical or dental equipment, materials and books associated with the profession. In addition, it covers office equipment, including furniture and appliances while these are on the premises.
- Valuable papers:
This covers valuable papers that have been declared and described at the time the policy is issued and are on your property
This covers property belonging to others that you transport and for which an invoice or tariff was issued.
This covers your personal and commercial property during transportation when it is under your own risk.
- Contractor Equipment:
This covers machinery or heavy equipment (Diggers, Transcavators, Rollers) that have been listed in the policy.
- Works of Art: This covers artwork described in the policy. These works may be yours or by other persons as long as they under your custody and you are the one responsible for them.
- Data processing systems:
This covers computers, printers, and similar equipment, including data and software.
The general conditions of the policy details the covers of which the insured takes benefit, and the benefits, requirements and restrictions set forth in the agreement.
- Ocean Marine / Inland Marine Insurance covers insured properties during storage and transport, also when they are at sea crossing.
- This policy covers such diverse goods as computers, heavy machinery, works of art or valuable documents.
- All complaints can be reported through the MAPFRE Contact Center telephone service.
Property and Contingency Services for my Business
Check the services related to Property and Contingency insurance for business offered by MAPFRE PUERTO RICO.
This insurance includes a number of requirements and restrictions that must be studied by the customer before hiring. It is important to consider these aspects to choose the policy that best suits your needs and those of your business.
The Insurance has the following restrictions:
- There are excluded from cover damage due to property destruction by government order, revolution or rebellion.
- There are excluded from the Valuable Documents Coverage those caused by an electric or magnetic problem, or electronic records deleted. If the damage is caused by lightning they will be cover.
- The cover transportation does not include money, gold or silver bullion, platinum, seals, gemstones, or jewelry; among others.
- The cover of contractor equipment does not include cars, trucks, tractors, trailers and similar transport means approved for use on the road, aircraft or boats, among others.
- The Artwork cover does not include those set forth in fairgrounds, national or international exhibitions, or during transportation or illegal trade.
- Excluded from the Data cover extra expenses incurred by the insured because of programming errors.
Find our offices network, general agencies or authorized representatives.
MAPFRE advises to follow some recommendations to facilitate the insured the access to the benefits and advantages included in the policy.
Recommendations for hiring a Ocean Marine / Inland Marine Insurance for your business:
- Read carefully all special provisions and clauses for each cover.
Recommendations to benefit from the Ocean Marine / Inland Marine Insurance Covers:
- It is useful to know the terms, limitations and policy requirements to act precisely in case of an event which may give rise to a claim under this policy.
- Note that covers only apply in Puerto Rico, the United States and Canada.
- If a sinister happens the insured must contact MAPFRE as soon as possible and provide the description of the property involved.
- The insured must carry out all necessary measures to protect covered property from further losses.
- The insured must cooperate with MAPFRE in case of sinister or loss.
- For any questions, policyholders can put on contact with telemarketers Contact Center 24/7, specializing in Ocean Marine/Inland Marine Policy.
Frequently Asked Questions
Consult the FAQ’s Property