Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
This insurance gives you and your family financial peace of mind in the event that you suffer an accident.
Or if you prefer to call us at
The general conditions of the policy details the covers of which the insured takes benefit, and the benefits, requirements and restrictions set forth in the agreement.
Accidental Death and Dismemberment of MAPFRE covers economic losses as a result of the accident. In these cases, the policy provides a capital previously agreed between the Company and the insured, if he dies as a result of an accident or suffers the loss of one of its leading members (hands, arms, feet, legs or vision).
In the case of dismemberment, the insured receives 50% of the agreed amount; it will be increase up to 100% of it in case he/she loses two key members. In addition, the policy includes coverage for hospitalization and the additional accident coverage for the Total Physical Disability.
The general conditions of the policy include information on the limits available: from $10,000 to $100,000 in case of accidental death and dismemberment of the insured.
This insurance includes a number of requirements and restrictions that must be studied by the customer before hiring. It is important to consider these aspects to choose the policy that best suits your needs and those of your business.
The Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance includes, among other, the belonging requirements and restrictions:
- In case of death or dismemberment, the death or loss must occurs within ninety days immediately following the accident and while the policy is in force.
- MAPFRE is not responsible of the limits that exceed the limits established in the general and special conditions of the covers.
- The policy does not cover losses caused by or resulting from:
- Suicide or attempted suicide or wounds inflicted by the insured himself or by an eligible family member.
- War or act of declared or undeclared war.
- Wounds received while the insured is a member of the armed forces of any country or international authority.
- Wounds received by the insured while participating in any aviation or speed tournament.
- Wounds received while the insured is the pilot or crew of an aircraft.
- For illness or medical treatment for an illness.
- Inhalation of gases or vapors.
- Wounds received by the insured person while he or she is committing an assault or is participating in a criminal act or as a result thereof.
- Wounds received by the insured while he or she is under the influence of alcohol or alcoholic beverages, use of drugs, narcotics or hallucinogens, except those taken by prescription.
- MAPFRE LIFE is not liable for damage not covered by the agreement with the Company.
- The available limits are from $ 10,000 to $ 100,000.
MAPFRE LIFE recommends know and follow a series of recommendations for use in order to access the covers included in the general conditions of the policy as well as the benefits and advantages of the policy if an accident happens.
Recommendations for use before hiring an Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance:
- The Company advises users to pay special attention to the general conditions of the policy before register the service with MAPFRE LIFE.
Recommendations to benefit from the Accidental Death and Dismemberment covers:
- It shall give written notice of the claim to the Company within twenty days after it happened or begun any loss covered by the policy.
- If there is a claim for loss, the insured must provide the Company a written notice within ninety days after the end of the period for which the Company is responsible.
- Compensation with periodic payment plans will be paid immediately after receiving a writing notice explaining the loss.
- Changes made to the policy are not valid until they are approved by an executive officer of the Company and only if approval is endorsed to it.
- MAPFRE LIFE, through its telephone service, will provide the users and insured all information related to Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance.
Find our office network, general agencies or authorized representatives.