Commercial Auto Insurance: Garage
Designed for parking lots, automobile dealerships, and workshops.
Or if you prefer to call us at
The following coverages are available:
- Public Liability
Covers damages caused by an automobile while it is tested on the road, or damages caused by a vehicle under the custody of a workshop or parking lot. It also covers injuries or damages to the property of third parties within the premises of a dealership, workshop, or automobile parking lot.
- Physical damages
Covers damages suffered by for-sale units at the dealership.
- Garage keepers
Covers damages to vehicles for which a business engaged in the repair, parking, or custody of vehicles is legally liable.
The General Conditions of any insurance are aimed at detailing the terms of coverages and their content.
The Garage Insurance covers damages suffered by for-sale vehicles at a dealership.
It also covers you for all amounts which you may be legally required to pay as a result from an accident while testing the vehicle on the road.
In case of an accident you can report your claim through the telephone service MAPFRE Contact Center, where a reference number and a claim adjuster will be assigned to you. We will fix a date with the day and time at the branch closest to you to avoid delays in attending your claim.
This policy has certain requirements that shall be evaluated by the customer. It is very important to consider them in order to decide which insurance policy satisfies better the policyholder needs.
- The insured vehicle must be a land motor vehicle, “trailer” or semitrailer.
- For purposes of this policy, MAPFRE considers as the insured the persons or firms that appear on the provisions of each coverage.
- The coverage applies separately to each insured determined in the policy except with respect to the limit of insurance.
The following restrictions apply to the policy:
- We will not provide liability coverage to any person intentionally causing bodily injuries or damages to property. This includes the willful or reckless violation of any law or regulation.
- Coverage is not provided for own damages, or damages or bodily injuries to a third party, caused by war, revolution or rebellion.
- We will not cover damages to the vehicle caused by nuclear reaction or radiation, or radioactive contamination.
- We will not cover damages to the vehicle caused by wear and tear, freezing, mechanical or electrical breakdown.
- We will not cover liability of the policyholder arising from the use of the car to compete in any race or speed contest, demolition contests or stunting activities.
- The cover for data, audio or video electronic devices, is restricted to what is specifically expressed in the form of the coverage.
MAPFRE recommends the policyholder, in order to receive benefits of all the guarantees of the policy, to consider some relevant aspects before and after contracting the policy:
Recommendations to purchase your insurance:
- Read carefully the clauses and the special provisions of each coverage.
Once contracted Garage policy is important to consider the following issues:
- This policy is void in any case of fraud on the information provided in the application forms or when filing a claim.
- In case of an accident, you must contact us without delay.
- In case of an accident, you must send us copies of any demand, order or notice received concerning the claim.
- You cannot incur in expenses related with the claim without our consent.
- You must cooperate with us in the investigation or settlement of the claim.
- You must authorize us, if needed, to obtain medical reports related to the incident.
- In case of an accident, the insured is obliged to use the means at its disposal to mitigate the consequences of it.
- If this policy is issued for more than one year, the premiums will be computed annually based on our rates or premiums in effect at the beginning of each year.
Find our office network, general agencies or authorized representatives.