Group Life Insurance
Is focused on protection of employee’s family on behalf of the employer.
Or if you prefer to call us at
787 250 5214
The Group Life insurance policy at MAPFRE is intended to protect the employee’s family on behalf of the employer.
The General Terms and Conditions of MAPFRE’s Group Life policies detail coverage’s, benefits, advantages, prerequisites and restrictions established by the company, as well as procedures that policyholders should follow to maximize their insurance coverage according to the policy.
Some of the General Terms and Conditions stipulated in the group policy are:
- The employee can assign one or more beneficiaries.
- To issue payment of benefit, required is submittal of documentation established in the group policy.
- MAPFRE reserves the right to change the benefit when required by law and similar changes are made to all comparable policies.
MAPFRE’s Group Life insurance, through the General Terms and Conditions indicates, a list of requirements and restrictions that members should know and consider when applying for insurance or seeking the company’s services.
Some of these are:
- Suicide or death from self-inflicted wounds by the insured or any eligible family member.
- Wounds received while the insured is a member of the armed forces of any country or international forces.
- Wounds received by the insured while participating in any aviation or race tournament.
- Injuries received while the insured is a pilot or part of the crew in an aircraft.
- Wounds received by the insured while committing an assault or participating in a criminal act or as a result of these.
- Wounds received while the insured is under the influence of alcoholic or intoxicating beverages, using drugs, narcotics or hallucinogenic, except those prescribed.
- MAPFRE is not liable for any damage not covered by the contract with the company.
Find our offices network, general agencies or authorized representatives.
MAPFRE shares a series of recommendations with people that are contemplating the possibility of obtaining the security obtained from a Group Life insurance or with those who already have this coverage but want to know more on how to maximize their insurance coverage.
Before acquiring Group Life MAPFRE recommends that you read carefully the General Terms and Conditions in the policy, as well as all other coverage’s insured.
Recommendations on how to maximize your Group Life coverage:
- It is important that insured know when the agreed coverage period starts and ends, the Company will not be responsible for any compensation agreed to previously if outside the coverage period.
- Users who need to address questions related to Group life can contact MAPFRE’s Customer Service or visit any of our offices located throughout of Puerto Rico.
- MAPFRE informs members on how to submit claims in order to obtain benefits insured in policy.
- The company establishes limits in coverage and is not responsible for any compensation or expenses covered in a policy that exceed the established limits.
- Claims must be submitted during the period established by MAPFRE in the policy’s General Terms and Conditions.
Consult the FAQ’s – Health