This allows you to combine a large variety of insurance options so that your business is perfectly protected by a single company.
Or if you prefer call us at
787 250 5214
Your business is very important for you and to MAPFRE. We place at your disposal the broadest, most flexible commercial insurance policy in the market. Adaptable to any kind of business, this policy allows you to combine a large variety of insurance options so that your business is perfectly protected by a single company and under a single insurance contract, according to your specific needs.
Our Multilinear Commercial Insurance, also known as “Commercial Package” or “Comprehensive Business Policy”, offers you the convenience:
- Of contracting various coverages in a single policy.
- Consolidating coverages in a single payment.
- Having the same effectiveness and due dates in all of the coverages.
It also groups together a series of coverages that you may contract in a single policy, such as:
Protects your property, whether it is the building, its contents, or loss of income, due to fire, explosion, vandalism, hurricane, theft, and earthquake, among others.
- General Civil Liability
A claim or lawsuit against you, due to bodily injury or damage to the property of third persons caused by an accident for which you or your employees are legally liable, may cause significant impairment to your assets. Avoid risky situations by contracting adequate Public Liability Insurance coverage for your business.
- Inland Marine
More appropriate coverage for some assets are defined under this coverage, such as:
- Signs. This covers your signs and similar property under your care, custody, or control.
- Physicians and Surgeons. This covers medical or dental equipment, materials and books associated with the profession. In addition, it covers office equipment, including furniture and appliances while these are on the premises.
- Valuable Papers. This covers valuable papers that have been declared and described at the time the policy is issued and are on your property.
- Cargo. This covers property belonging to others that you transport and for which an invoice or tariff was issued.
- Transportation. This covers your personal commercial property in transit and at your own risk.
- Contractor Equipment. This covers machinery or heavy equipment (Diggers, Transcavators, Rollers) that have been listed in the policy.
- Works of Art. This covers artwork described in the policy. These works may be yours or by other persons as long as they under your custody and you are the one responsible for them.
- Data processing systems. This covers computers, printers, and similar equipment, including data and software.
- Crime. It insures your money against losses resulting from attack, theft, robbery, and disappearance of money, securities, or checks, losses resulting from acts by dishonest employees, and the falsification or alteration of checks or other documents.
- Boilers and Machinery. This insurance may cover damages caused by short circuits, power failures, mechanical failures, burned motors, boiler breakdowns, including operator error.
In addition, you may request specialized programs for the following Businesses or Institutions, such as:
- Financial Institutions
- Veterinary clinics
- Funeral homes
Risks of dwellings converted into businesses – “Dwelling Commercial”
Within this same program, we can also offer an economic rate under structure and personal business property, for properties originally used as dwellings and subsequently converted to businesses that meet the following requirements:
- Fully constructed in concrete.
- Not more than 4 stories.
- That the business operations are not manufacturing.
The most common businesses to submit under this program are the following:
- Medical Offices.
- Gift shops.
The MAPFRE Multiline Policy, according to its general conditions, provides you protection for losses resulting from the operations of your company, based on the contracted coverages and subject to the conditions and exclusions of the policy.
You can group under the MAPFRE Multiline Policy two or more main coverages to protect your company. You can hire in a single policy the following coverages:
- Public Liability.
- Inland Marine.
- Boilers and machinery.
A series of limits and conditions are established under these coverages according to the needs of the insured operations and set to the Subscription Guide of the Company.
Property and Contingency Services for my Business
Check the services related to Property and Contingency insurance for business offered by MAPFRE PUERTO RICO.
MAPFRE indicates the requirements and restrictions for Property, Contingency and other coverages insurances that interested persons should consider to know their rights and obligations.
The MAPFRE Multiline insurance establishes the following requirements and restrictions:
- You must subscribe two or more coverages such as Property, Public Liability, Marine Inland, Crime or Boilers and machinery.
- MAPFRE is not liable for property damages that are not covered by this policy.
- MAPFRE is not in charge of compensations when the insured has not paid the corresponding premium.
- MAPFRE can cancel the policy if the insured acts in bad faith or provides fraudulent statements.
- Compensations have a limit that is shown in the general and special conditions of the coverages.
- The maximum amounts stated in the additional coverages will be applied according to the specific limits of such coverages.
- Business developed in structures previously established for housing, those engaged in manufacturing, taking place in apartments or in dwelling rented to other users are excluded. In addition, the structure must have from one to four floors.
Find our offices network, general agencies or authorized representatives.
MAPFRE recommends to follow a series of recommendations for use for policyholders and persons interested in MAPFRE Property and Contingency insurances to get the greater benefit from the policy.
The recommendations for use before contracting a MAPFRE Property and Contingency insurance are the following:
- MAPFRE suggests users to read carefully the coverages included in the general conditions of the policy, as well as the particular conditions of the main and optional coverages and the exclusions of each coverage.
Recommendations to obtain the maximum benefit of the Multiline policy:
- The MAPFRE Property insurance coverages take effect once the insured pays the premium.
- MAPFRE has no obligation to deal with damages not included in the general and special conditions of the policy.
- Policyholders must give notice as soon as possible of the damages covered by the policy and should provide all required documents.
- MAPFRE will send the necessary notifications to the address listed in the files of the company; any alteration must be notified by the insured to the Company.
- MAPFRE has a network of seven (7) offices throughout the island of Puerto Rico. All policyholders have access to the most modern telephone office in Puerto Rico, MAPFRE Contact Center, which offers a service that meets the needs of our customers.
Frequently Asked Questions
Consult the FAQ’s Property