Or if you prefer to call us at
787 250 5214
Coverage for any type of unit of a commercial nature or use.
Protect any type of commercial unit under our Commercial Auto policies. There are diverse coverage and insurance programs to satisfy the different needs of your business.
Below is a detail of our programs:
- Commercial Auto: Provides coverage for any type of unit of a commercial nature or use.
- Truckers: The truckers’ policy is a product that allows the performance of a vital component of our economy: freight transportation.
- Bus Program: Designed to offer coverage to buses whose primary use is Transporting School Children. In addition, coverage is offered to buses used incidentally to drive schoolchildren to special activities. This program is governed by the requirements of the Department of Education.
These programs include important basic coverage:
- Public Liability
Covers bodily injury and damages to property caused by negligent acts for which you or your employees are legally liable.
- Physical Damages
Covers direct damages to your vehicles as a result of collisions, theft, vandalism, flood, etc.
- Roadside assistance
Covers the assistance service up to the limit covered or specified in the policy. This applies to small units only.
- Garage Policy
Designed for parking lots, automobile dealerships, and workshops. Important coverages:
- Public Liability – Covers damages caused by an automobile while it is tested on the road, or damages caused by a vehicle under the custody of a workshop or parking lot. It also covers injuries or damages to the property of third parties within a dealer’s premises, a workshop, or an automobile parking lot.
- Physical damages – Covers damages suffered by the for-sale units at dealerships.
- Garage keepers – Covers damages to vehicles for which a business engaged in the repair, parking, or custody of vehicles is legally liable.
The General Conditions of any insurance are aimed at detailing the terms of coverages and their content.
Your Commercial Auto insurance covers losses and direct damages to the insured automobile. It also covers you for all amounts which you may be legally required to pay as a result from an accident while driving or using your commercial vehicle, which causes damages or bodily injury to a third party. Both coverages have to be selected to apply.
In case of an accident you can report your claim through the telephone service MAPFRE Contact Center, where a reference number and a claim adjuster will be assigned to you. We will fix a date with the day and time at the branch closest to you to avoid delays in attending your claim.
This policy has certain requirements that shall be evaluated by the customer. It is very important to consider them in order to decide which insurance policy satisfies better the policyholder needs.
- The insured vehicle must be a land motor vehicle, trailer or semitrailer designed for travel on public roads. You can also insure any other land vehicle that is subject to a compulsory or financial responsibility law or other motor vehicle insurance law.
- For purposes of this policy, MAPFRE considers as the insured the persons or firms that appear on the provisions of each coverage.
- The coverage applies separately to each insured determined in the policy except with respect to the limit of insurance.
The following restrictions apply to the policy:
- We will not provide liability coverage to any person intentionally causing bodily injuries or damages to property.
- Coverage is not provided for own damages, or damages or bodily injuries to a third party, caused by war, revolution or rebellion.
- We will not cover damages to the vehicle caused by nuclear radiation or radioactive contamination.
- We will not cover damages to the vehicle caused by wear and tear, freezing, mechanical or electrical breakdown.
- We will not cover liability of the policyholder arising from the use of the car while is used to compete in any race or speed contest, demolition contests or stunting activities.
- We will not provide cover for damages to third party property, or for pollution, involving property owned or carried by the insured or in the insured’s care, custody or control.
Find our offices network, general agencies or authorized representatives.
We recommend to the policyholder, in order to receive benefits of all the guarantees of the policy, to consider some relevant aspects before and after contracting the policy:
Recommendations to purchase your auto insurance:
- Read carefully the clauses and the special provisions of each coverage.
Once contracted your Commercial Auto policy is important to consider the following issues:
- This policy is void in any case of fraud on the information provided in the application forms or when filing a claim.
- In case of an accident, you must contact us without delay.
- In case of an accident, the insured is obliged to use the means at its disposal to mitigate the consequences of it.
- You cannot incur in expenses related with the claim without our consent.
- For physical damages coverage, you can include as a covered vehicle, any auto you lease, hire, rent or borrow, as long as it is rented without a driver.
- If this policy is issued for more than one year, the premiums will be computed annually based on our rates or premiums in effect at the beginning of each year.
- The coverage territory is Puerto Rico, The United States of America, the territories and possessions of the United States of America and Canada.