- Benefits and Advantages
- General Conditions
- Requirements & Restrictions
- Recommendations for use
Service contract dedicated to covering expenses incurred in a mechanical breakdown after the expiration of the manufacturer’s warranty.
Service Contracts - MAPFRE Solutions
The MAPFRE Solutions service contract provides coverage after the warranty offered by the vehicle’s manufacturer expires. Under this contract, the car will be covered against mechanical breakdowns, in addition to offering other reimbursable benefits.
The Service Contracts are good for 10/100, that is, 10 years from the date of the original registration of the car or 100,000 miles on the odometer, whatever first occurs. They are available for cars that are less than 2 years old and less than 24,000 miles.
Additional benefits and/or reimbursables:
- Reimbursement for towing or roadside service.
- Reimbursement for replacement vehicle leasing expenses.
- Reimbursement for tire repair expenses.
- Reimbursement for locksmith expenses due to breakage or keys locked keys in the vehicle.
For more information, access the brochure or contact your authorized representative, producer or call MAPFRE Contact Center at 787-250-5214 or 1-888-835-3634 (island).
Your MAPFRE Extended Warranty Insurance policy includes a wide range of interesting benefits for you and your vehicle.
- 24 hours a day, seven days a week Call Center. With just one phone call you can access to information of your policy, your payments or the issuance of certificates.
- We have a complete Roadside Assistance providers network that can help you for locksmith services, tire change, gas delivery, ignition, or automobile towing or extraction.
- We have a wide network of affiliated workshops that are legally established and have all of the permits to operate in Puerto Rico.
- 100% transferrable contract.
Your MAPFRE Extended Warranty Insurance also offers you:
- Benefits of mechanical breakdown coverage: We will reimburse the repair or replacement of several elements of the vehicle such as the engine, transmission, front wheel or brakes.
- Benefits of roadside assistance coverage: Reimbursement of towing costs, tire repair expenses and locksmith services.
The General Conditions of any insurance are aimed at detailing the terms of coverages and their content.
- With Extended Warranty you can access to a service contract dedicated to cover expenses incurred in a mechanical breakdown after the warranty offered by the vehicle’s manufacturer expires.
- Your contract includes some general conditions under which the covers and concepts (insured, damages, etc.) are developed.
- It is advisable to know what are the terms specified in the policy to act responsibly in case the hired services are needed.
This insurance has certain requirements that shall be evaluated by the customer. It is very important to consider them in order to find the policy that suits you better.
- For purposes of this policy, MAPFRE considers that the insured car corresponds to the vehicle that appears on the statements.
- With each claim you must provide certain information and documents: policy number, policyholder name, driver's license, car license (it can be a copy), grievance report or grievance number.
The following restrictions apply to the policy:
- The contract lasts 10 years from the date of the original registration of the car or 100,000 miles on the odometer, whatever first occurs.
- The policy is only available for cars that are less than 2 years old and less than 24,000 miles.
- We will not cover mechanical breakdowns caused by inappropriate handling of the vehicle, negligence or lack of normal maintenance by the insured after the day of entry into force of the insurance.
MAPFRE recommends the policyholder, in order to receive benefits of all the guarantees of the policy, to consider some relevant aspects before and after contracting the policy:
- Read carefully the statements and the special provisions of each coverage.
- Compare different levels of coverage and policies to determine which insurance is most suitable for you.
Once contracted the Extended Warranty policy is important to consider the following issues:
- This policy only takes effect when you pay the premium established by us.
- It is useful to know the clauses, limits and policy requirements to act accurately in case of accident or mishap.
- Documents related to the policy need to be located in a suitable place.
- In case of an accident, you must contact us without delay.
- The policyholder must always act in good faith in case of loss.
- You can transfer the policy to the purchaser of your vehicle. This can be done only if the transfer is requested within thirty days of the sale or transfer of your vehicle.