- Benefits and Advantages
- General Conditions
- Requirements & Restrictions
- Recommendations for use
Roadside assistance 24 hours a day in Puerto Rico and Travel Assistance anywhere in the world.
For just $45 a year for the first vehicle and $25 a year for the others, we place at your disposal 24 hours a day the most complete Roadside Assistance services:
- Vehicle towing (up to $200 per occurrence).
- Vehicle extraction (up to $125 per occurrence).
- Transportation to one’s home.
- Fuel delivery.
- Vehicle ignition using "jumper-cables".
- Tier changes, etc.
Outside of Puerto Rico, anywhere in the world, it provides for your and your immediate family:
- Medical area for illness or accident (up to $6,000 per insured).
- Transportation to one’s home.
- Urgent sending of medications.
- Extended stay due to illness or accident.
- Repatriation and burial expenses for death outside of Puerto Rico (up to $3,000 per insured).
- Locating lost luggage.
- Legal defense (up to $10,000) and bonds (up to $5,000) in the event of an automobile accident.
For more information, please see our brochure.
Your MAPFRE Insurance policy includes a wide range of interesting advantages for you and your vehicle:
- All policyholders have access to the most modern telephone office in Puerto Rico. It is a specialized service that meets the needs of our customers.
- We have Claims Offices to offer you the best attention throughout Puerto Rico. You can find us in San Juan, Bayamón, Caguas, Mayagüez, Ponce, Arecibo and Carolina.
- We have the most modern and complete Adjustment Center, CETRAMES, in San Juan. At CETRAMES you will find the best professionals exclusively dedicated to solve automobile claims as quickly as possible.
- We have a wide network of metal and paint workshops throughout the island that guarantee the quality of the repairs and the fulfilment of the legal requirements.
Your Travel and Roadside Assistance Insurance also offers you:
- Benefits of coverages concerning the vehicle: We will cover the towing of the automobile, tire change, car ignition using "jumper-cables", locksmith services and gas delivery. We also cover the automobile extraction (up to $125 per occurrence).
- Benefits of coverages concerning the persons: The transfer of the insured to their homes or place of intended destination is covered in case of an accident. We will cover repatriation and extra travel charges in case of illness or bodily injury of the insured.
- Legal guarantees: Legal defense in the event of an automobile accident outside Puerto Rico is included.
With this insurance you have access to a wide range of services for you and your automobile.
The General Conditions of any insurance are aimed at detailing the terms of coverages and their content.
- You can expand your compulsory insurance with the Travel and Roadside Assistance policy. This service places at your disposal you the most complete assistance for you and your automobile.
- In case of an accident, you can report your claim through the telephone service TELEMAPFRE.
This policy has certain requirements that shall be evaluated by the customer. It is very important to consider them in order to decide which insurance policy satisfies better the policyholder needs.
- For purposes of this policy, MAPFRE considers that the insured car corresponds to the vehicle that appears on the statements. In addition, the vehicle must not be used for public transport of persons or goods.
- Your vehicle must have a total weight of less than 7,700 pounds.
The following restrictions apply to the policy:
- We will not provide liability coverage to any person intentionally causing damages to property.
- Coverage is not provided for damages caused by rebellion or riot.
- Coverage is not provided for damages caused by nuclear radiation.
- Roadside assistance will not include events caused by floods, earthquakes, volcanic eruptions or atypical cyclonic storms.
- We will not cover liability of the policyholder arising from the use of the car to compete in any race or speed contest.
MAPFRE recommends their customers, in order to receive benefits of all the guarantees of the policy, to consider some relevant aspects before and after contracting the policy:
To purchase your Auto insurance:
- Read carefully the statements and the special provisions of each coverage.
To receive benefits from your Auto insurance:
- This policy only takes effect if you have paid the premium.
- In case of an accident, the insured is obliged to use the means at its disposal to mitigate the consequences of it. Breach of this duty will entitle us to reduce its services in an appropriate proportion.
- In case of an accident you must co-operate with us fully.
- In case of an accident, you must send us every information about the event in your possession without delay.
- To process your claim, in case of an accident involving your vehicle, you should have the following information: policy number, name of the policyholder and location of the vehicle.
- The insured must reimburse the amount advanced for a bail bond to secure provisional release within three months.
- We will refund the amount of the calls made by the insured to notify an accident.