Commercial Auto Insurance: Bus
Offers coverage to buses whose primary use is transporting schoolchildren.
Or if you prefer to call us at
Designed to offer coverage to buses whose primary use is Transporting School Children. In addition, it offers coverage to buses used incidentally to drive schoolchildren to special activities.
This program is governed by the requirements of the Department of Education.
- Public Liability
Covers bodily injury and damages to property caused by negligent acts for which you or your employees are legally liable.
- Physical Damages
Covers direct damages to your vehicles caused by collisions, theft, vandalism, flood, etc.
The General Conditions of any insurance are aimed at detailing the terms of coverages and their content.
The Buses Insurance policy is designed to protect buses whose primary use is as School Transportation. It also offers coverage to buses used incidentally for transportation to special activities.
This insurance covers direct damages to the insured bus. It also covers you for all amounts which you may be legally required to pay as a result from an accident while driving or using your bus, which causes damages or bodily injury to a third party. Both coverages have to be selected to apply.
In case of an accident you can report your claim through the telephone service MAPFRE Contact Center, where a reference number and a claim adjuster will be assigned to you. We will fix a date with the day and time at the branch closest to you to avoid delays in attending your claim.
This policy has certain requirements that shall be evaluated by the customer. It is very important to consider them in order to decide which insurance policy satisfies better the policyholder needs.
- The insured vehicle must be a land motor vehicle designed for travel on public roads. You can also insure any other land vehicle that is subject to a compulsory or financial responsibility law or other motor vehicle insurance law.
- For purposes of this policy, MAPFRE considers as the insured the persons or firms that appear on the provisions of each coverage.
- The coverage applies separately to each insured determined in the policy except with respect to the limit of insurance.
The following restrictions apply to the policy:
- We will not provide liability coverage to any person intentionally causing bodily injuries or damages to property.
- Coverage is not provided for own damages, or damages or bodily injuries to a third party, caused by war, revolution or rebellion.
- We will not cover damages to the vehicle caused by nuclear reaction or radiation, or radioactive contamination.
- We will not cover damages to the vehicle caused by wear and tear, freezing, mechanical or electrical breakdown.
- We will not cover liability of the policyholder arising from the use of the car to compete in any race or speed contest, demolition contests or stunting activities.
- We will not provide cover for damages to third party property, or for pollution, involving property owned or carried by the insured or in the insured’s care, custody or control.
We recommend to the policyholder, in order to receive benefits of all the guarantees of the policy, to consider some relevant aspects before and after contracting the policy:
Recommendations to purchase your Buses insurance:
- Read carefully the clauses and the special provisions of each coverage.
Once contracted Buses policy is important to consider the following issues:
- This policy is void in any case of fraud on the information provided in the application forms or when filing a claim.
- In case of an accident, you must contact us without delay.
- In case of an accident, the insured is obliged to use the means at its disposal to mitigate the consequences of it.
- You cannot incur in expenses related with the claim without our consent.
- For physical damages coverage, you can include as a covered vehicle, any vehicle you lease, hire, rent or borrow, as long as it is rented without a driver.
- If this policy is issued for more than one year, the premiums will be computed annually based on our rates or premiums in effect at the beginning of each year.
- The coverage territory is Puerto Rico, The United States of America, the territories and possessions of the United States of America and Canada.
- The coverage extends to the whole world if the private passenger type vehicle is leased, hired, rented or borrowed without a driver for a period of 30 days or less.
Find our office network, general agencies or authorized representatives.